IT Support Engineer
Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 95+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation. We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
We are looking for an experienced Technician to join our IT function. We have a number of exciting projects coming up and are looking for an individual to help see them through to completion.
You will be proficient in Windows, Linux and macOS, as well as various cloud offerings including Microsoft 365, Azure AD and InTune.
You will be joining Ito during an exciting period of expansion, so there may be opportunities to extend the contract or make it permanent.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the IT Manager you will be responsible for:
- IT Infrastructure – Monitor and maintain our IT infrastructure including virtual networks, VPNs, and servers, ensuring it is reliable and secure. You will implement IT projects outlined in our quarterly plans ensuring they are completed on-time.
- Security & Backup – Ensure robust backup and disaster recovery solutions are in place, and that we meet all compliance and governance requirements. You help us maintain our Cyber Essentials certification.
- IT Onboarding and Compliance - Manage new joiner’s IT set-up and onboarding, including information security and compliance training.
- IT Support – Run the service desk and provide day-to-day support and maintenance of our fleet of devices, including Windows, Linux, macOS and iOS. Manage user and device configuration using Azure AD, InTune MDM, Windows Autopilot and Apple Business Manager.
- Asset Management – Manage hardware assets, software licenses & deployments, and SaaS services.
- Out of Hours – You may be required to provide out-of-hours support on rare occasions, in response to emergency incidents or for out-of-hours updates.
What you need to have
- Demonstrable and hands-on experience of managing and supporting user devices, IT infrastructure, and cloud services.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure including InTune, Virtual Networking/VPNs, Azure Security (SSO, MFA & Conditional Access) and app deployment.
- Knowledge of networking and security.
- Experience supporting Windows, macOS and Linux workstations
- A good understanding of security and best practices.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
What would be advantageous
- Scripting experience in Bash, Python and/or Powershell.
- Knowledge of data protection and data governance best practice and laws.
- Knowledge of Cyber Essentials and ISO27001.
- A relevant degree and/or professional qualifications.
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages.
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service.
- Life Assurance.
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard.
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better.
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday.
- Enhanced parental leave policy.
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Cycle to work scheme subject to eligibility.
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike.
- Regular team lunches and team socials.
The role is based at our Cambridge head office, but Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that may prefer to work remotely. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be within commutable distance of the office, as occasional attendance may be required.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application, you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.