Application Support Engineer
Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 90+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation. We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
We are looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer to join our Customer Success team.
Your primary purpose is to ensure our customers are happy and are fully supported in the use of Ito’s tools. You’ll be on the front line, providing in-depth first and second line technical support and analysis on often large and complex systems. When problems arise, you will ensure that individual customers are listened to and that their issues are addressed to ensure they meet their goals and achieve value from our products.
As part of an expanding team, you will provide support across Ito’s suite of products applying a keen analytical eye to spot trends and communicate problems in proactive ways.
Your day-to-day tasks will be extensive and varied, and will include writing tools to analyse large amounts of data, enhancing Ito’s monitoring systems and helping our internal Product, Data-Ops and Engineering teams with bespoke analysis and support.
You will also own Ito’s application support functions, helping newly on-boarded customers as well as supporting the setup and configuration of products with multiple integrations.
Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that want to work fully remote from anywhere in the UK. We also have an office in Cambridge to accommodate those who prefer to work onsite / hybrid.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Support Team Lead you will:
- Help our customers quickly & accurately resolve any issues they may have when using our products
- Investigate and solve complicated questions about data
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, and other cross-functional teams to resolve specific user-impacting issues
- Develop and manage the support duties across a range of products and services
- Develop diagnostic tools and processes to perform analysis on large volumes of data to inform support activities internally and externally
- As part of Ito’s DevOps monitoring activities, review and extend our monitoring systems to ensure that all systems are running as expected and are being used to effectively drive performance improvements
- Provide advanced technical support both externally and internally
- With a deep understanding of our products, support the DevOps team with specific configuration and setups for each geographical territory in which we operate
- Be available for occasional out-of-hours support calls on a rota basis
The skills and experience you’ll have
- 3+ years experience delivering technical support to B2B enterprise accounts
- Demonstrable client facing experience in a highly technical, SaaS environment
- Analytical skills and a love of data. You will need experience in, or a willingness to learn, scripting and programming in Python (or similar) to process and diagnose issues in large volumes of data
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and SQL - or a willingness to learn these skills
- Understanding of REST APIs and data formats such as XML and JSON
- Experience of working in an enterprise support team with on call systems
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player with proven experience working as part of an open, collaborative team
- An excellent communicator who is able to work across teams and with people at all levels
- Committed to self-development and a subject-matter expert with the ability to undertake research, make recommendations and deliver against your plans
- A person who is not afraid to tackle difficult situations and provide constructive feedback to help others improve
- Well organised with a logical and methodical approach and a good eye for detail
- Have the ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines and manage changes to workload
Nice to haves
- Understanding of AWS or another cloud based platform
- Experience with Docker and container based architectures
- Experience of monitoring and alert systems such as Grafana and OpsGenie
- Linux experience
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages.
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service.
- Life Assurance.
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard.
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better.
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday.
- Enhanced parental leave policy.
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike.
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office.
- Regular team lunches and team socials.
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.