Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 85+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation. We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
Working directly with transit agencies and servicing the needs of our high-profile clients, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the best quality public transit data for your portfolio of cities.
Working closely with fellow analysts and reporting to the Data Operations Team Lead, you’ll take responsibility for the delivery and maintenance of all public transit data in your cities. The hands-on improvements you make, and the data you deliver, will have a direct impact on millions of travelers within that city. You’ll become the ‘go-to’ expert for all transit operations for your city, taking responsibility for any new enhancements and trouble-shooting required to deliver the highest quality customer experience.
We’re looking for well-organised, confident, inquisitive people that share our mission.
The role is based at our Cambridge head office. Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that may prefer to work remotely.
What you’ll do
You will enjoy working among a diverse team of analysts and transit specialists and thrive on delivering high levels of client service.
As a City Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding how public transport networks operate and the nitty gritty details of the data that underpins your city
- Using Ito’s proprietary software tools you’ll survey, analyse, improve and augment data to represent the ‘ground truth’ of a city’s transit system
- Owning and managing the transit data pipeline from source to delivery to the client
- Maintaining an up-to date knowledge-base of the transit infrastructure, operators, agencies, data provenance and licencing for each city
- Helping to build a complete real-time model of the city’s transit infrastructure
- Resolving and responding to customer support queries from our transit data partners and end-user feedback
- Building relationships with transit professionals in transit agencies and cities around the world
- Working with customers, account management, product and engineering teams to deliver consistently high levels of data and quality of service
The skills and attributes you’ll have
- Diligent, analytically-minded with high levels of attention to detail
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills and a familiarity with web-based tools
- Ability to understand complex information and data, and communicate findings in simple terms
- Experience or aptitude in managing projects, communicating status updates and following processes
- Client-facing skills - ability to communicate confidently and manage expectations with clients
- Well organised and able to deliver to tight deadlines
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, databases and analysis
- A team player who’s proactive, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Happy to take responsibility and demonstrate a desire to do the best job possible
Nice to haves
- Passionate about cities, public transit, shared and micro-mobility
- Knowledge of open data and data licencing
- Experience with transit data such as GTFS or TxC
- Experience of mapping and GIS applications
- Multilingual speaker
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages.
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service.
- Life Assurance.
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard.
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better.
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday.
- Enhanced parental leave policy.
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike.
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office.
- Regular team lunches and team socials.
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.