Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 85+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation. We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
Working directly with transport operators and agencies and servicing the needs of our high-profile clients, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the best possible national dataset sourced from the UK’s Bus Open Data Service (BODS).
Working closely with fellow analysts and transport data specialists, you’ll take responsibility for the delivery and maintenance of the UK dataset and a portfolio of other world cities. The hands-on improvements you make, and the data you deliver, will have a direct impact on millions of travellers for the cities for which you are responsible. You’ll become a ‘go-to’ expert for all UK transit data, taking responsibility for any enhancements and trouble-shooting required to deliver the highest quality customer experience.
We’re looking for well-organised, confident, inquisitive people that share our mission.
The role is based at our Cambridge head office. Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that may prefer to work remotely.
What you’ll do
You will enjoy working among a diverse team of analysts and transit data specialists and thrive on delivering high levels of client service.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project management and taking accountability for the delivery and maintenance of the national transit dataset
- Prioritising and organising the activities of a group of analysts and transit data specialists
- Stakeholder management - generate reports and bespoke analyses. Ensure internal and external clients are informed and consulted and issues are addressed promptly and efficiently
- Owning and managing the transit data pipeline from source to delivery to the client
- Using Ito’s proprietary software tools and processes you’ll maintain ‘ground truth’ of the transit systems for which you are responsible
- Resolving and responding to support queries from our transit data partners and end-user feedback
- Understanding how public transport networks operate and the nitty gritty details of the data that underpins the UK public transport network
- Building relationships with transit professionals at operator level
- Working with customers, account management, product and engineering teams to deliver consistently high levels of data and quality of service
The skills and attributes you’ll have
- Experience managing projects, communicating status updates and designing workflows and processes
- Client-facing skills - ability to communicate confidently and manage expectations with clients and partners
- High level of competence with spreadsheets, databases and basic-level analysis
- Diligent, analytically-minded with high levels of attention to detail
- Ability to understand complex information and data, and communicate findings in simple terms
- Well organised and able to deliver to tight deadlines
- A team player who’s proactive, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Comfortable balancing the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- A natural organiser and communicator - comfortable writing weekly reports and running meetings
Nice to haves
- Experience, authoring, editing or otherwise working with TxC/NaPTAN data
- UK bus industry experience, with either operators, vendors or local authorities
- Understanding of the UK bus regulatory landscape.
- Passionate about cities, public transit, shared and micro-mobility
- Knowledge of UK open data standards and licencing
- Experience with mapping and GIS applications
- Comfortable building lookups, IF statements and pivot tables in Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience leading team meetings/standups
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages.
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service.
- Life Assurance.
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard.
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better.
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday.
- Enhanced parental leave policy.
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike.
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office.
- Regular team lunches and team socials.
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.