Senior UX Designer
Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 80+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation.
We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
The Senior UX Designer role
As a member of Ito’s growing product team and reporting into the Head of Products, the Senior UX Designer will take responsibility for leading our product UX/UI strategy. You will primarily be working on our Ito Transit Hub product, our solution for cities, transit agencies and operators.
Working as part of a cross functional team of Product Managers, Product Owners, Software Developers and QA Engineers, you will be responsible for designing software that’s elegant, intuitive and easy-to-use.
This is a hands-on role with responsibility for gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. The Senior UX Designer will create functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base in the UK and internationally.
We’re looking for someone who has demonstrable experience in UX/UI design for an enterprise SaaS company, ideally operating in B2B and B2G markets. This is an important role that requires exceptional UX/UI design skills, product vision and leadership. The ideal Senior UX Designer is someone who can both lead the UX/UI strategy and delivery as well as roll up their sleeves and get things done.
Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that want to work fully remote from anywhere in the UK. We also have an office in Cambridge to accommodate those who prefer to work onsite / hybrid.
What the Senior UX Designer will do
- Design and execute research activities to inform product discovery, including surveys, customer interviews, user testing, and data analysis
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Work closely with the product and development teams to gather requirements, define problems, and create solutions that incorporate the applicable accessibility standards
- Own the build and maintenance of a design system in Figma (or similar) for our rapidly scaling product suite
- Work with development to ensure the design system meets all requirements and integrates seamlessly with workflows
- Implement and maintain existing UI patterns and behaviours to create polished UIs that are consistent with the rest of the product suite and the design system
- Produce detailed personas, user journeys, user flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes for new products and features
- Communicate your design decisions, process and solutions to the wider team to keep everyone up to speed and to ensure buy-in
- Lead and direct the activities of an external team of designers
- Keep up to date with competitor analysis within the transit tech/geospatial industry and general software industry trends
- Maintain a good understanding of our customers and what they want out of their interactions
- Lead a data-driven approach to problem solving and increase analytics capability within the team
- Contribute and adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
What the Senior UX Designer will need to have
- Proven experience as a Senior Designer or similar role
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your experience in leading the design of complex systems interfaces
- Proven experience of leading and managing a design team
- Skilled in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite
- Ability to ideate fast and explore multiple routes to solve a problem
- Experience in preparing and conducting user research and usability tests
- Knowledge and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Some knowledge and experience of Government Digital Service Standards would be beneficial but not essential
What you need to be
- Comfortable being involved in direct conversations with external users and stakeholders in order to understand the detail of complex problems and communicate this to your team
- A strong leader, with sound technical judgement, and the ability to influence decision-making
- A team player who leads by example, and supports, mentors and motivates others around you
- Committed to self-development and a subject matter expert
What we offer for the Senior Product Designer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service
- Life insurance
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard
- Flexible public holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office
- Regular team lunches and team socials
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.