Technical Project Manager
Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 80+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation.
We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators.
Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
The Technical Project Manager role
We are looking for a talented Technical Project Manager to drive the execution of our data and software solutions projects.
Working closely with our software development and product teams, and external clients, you will deliver high quality, scalable products deployed around the world.
You will need to be tenacious and ambitious - working closely with multiple stakeholders you will understand user goals, determine the technical requirements underlying feature requests, recommend optimal technical solutions to meet these, and coordinate our engineering teams’ efforts to ensure the timely completion of project milestones.
You will have a deep technical background, be detail-driven, and have excellent problem solving abilities. You don’t need a background in transit - but you will need a strong aptitude and desire to learn about the complex and varied transit data standards and integrated solutions that ultimately put Ito World’s products at the forefront of transit data management internationally.
You will also be an accomplished leader, able to foster productive multi-partner relationships, maintain clear lines of communication, and develop a highly productive delivery team.
Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture. We welcome applicants who prefer to work remotely, or from our Cambridge office. This role will require occasional travel for team and client meetings, according to project needs.
What the Technical Project Manager will do
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals, and milestones of your area
- Manage complex cross-functional programs
- Develop and manage end-to-end project and product roadmaps, monitor the critical path, and ensure on-time delivery
- Work closely with engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Work closely with cross functional teams to enable planning processes, estimation, prioritisation and dependency management
- Break down complex customer problems into smaller, well defined, pieces of work that can be released iteratively
- Proactively identify upcoming risks, dependencies, inefficiencies, issues, and bottlenecks, and resolve cross-team issues
- Work closely with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs
- Advocate for all stakeholders, internal and external, throughout the program
What the Technical Project Manager will need to have
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Project Manager working in a software development environment
- Experience of software development processes and best practices, including practical experience of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of using project and issue tracking systems
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, and driving and setting delivery goals
- Experience managing the launch or commercialisation of one or more software or consumer products
- Experience managing and overseeing multiple on-going initiatives simultaneously
- Strong external client management skills, with proven ability to clearly communicate technically complex information to non-technical stakeholders
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration experience
What the Technical Project Manager will need to be
- Comfortable being involved in direct conversations with external users and stakeholders in order to understand the detail of complex problems and communicate this to your team
- A strong leader, with sound technical judgement, and the ability to influence decision-making
- A team player who leads by example, and supports, mentors and motivates others around you
- Committed to self-development and a subject-matter expert with the ability to undertake research, make recommendations and deliver against your plans
- A person who is not afraid to tackle difficult situations and provide constructive feedback to help others improve
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service
- Life insurance
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard
- Flexible public holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office
- Regular team lunches and team socials
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.