Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 80+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation.
We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators.
Our mission is to deliver data that is as close to the real-life experience of the traveller as possible. We service clients from all over the world including Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
As a member of Ito’s growing product management team and reporting to the Head of Product, you will be responsible for Ito’s Transit Data product and specific components of Ito’s Transit Hub, our solution for cities, transit agencies and operators.
You’ll already have experience as a software Product Manager and are looking for a new challenge in a fast-moving, mission-driven organisation.
You will have end-to-end responsibility for your portfolio of products and will engage directly with internal and external users and customers. You will work closely with Ito’s engineering team to deliver the roadmap in an agile development context and be responsible for rolling out features to your customers.
Ito’s head office is in Cambridge, and we encourage a flexible and remote working culture. We are happy to consider applicants that may prefer to work remotely.
What you’ll do
You will enjoy working on challenging and innovative projects and thrive in a client-facing, fast-paced environment where team-work and accountability is paramount.
Reporting to the Head of Product you will:
- Define the product roadmap, research and prioritise features, manage the product backlog and clearly communicate to all stakeholders
- Work with the engineering team to understand and validate technical designs, ensuring any required platform evolution or innovation is incorporated into the product roadmap
- Work with UX and design teams to create intuitive, easy-to-use products or meet specific Government Digital Service design standards
- Translate often complex user requirements into detailed user stories
- Utilise user data and product feedback to improve products
- Actively contribute to sprints and represent the voice of the user
- Demonstrate the breadth of our platform’s capabilities to clients
- Contribute to written customer proposals, white papers and sales literature
- Conduct competitive analysis, maintain our understanding of the market and help shape the future direction of our product offering
- Be the subject matter expert or “go to” person, for a suite of specialist tools and proprietary technologies and advocate for how this impacts customer outcomes
- Work alongside Business Development colleagues and develop trusted relationships with customers
- Contribute to the development of Ito’s value proposition for cities, transit agencies and operators.
What you need to have
- Strong intellectual ability - comfortable translating complex and sometimes ambiguous information into actionable ideas
- Experience leading the execution of the product roadmap and comfortable making final, sometimes tough, prioritisation decisions
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Client-facing skills - ability to communicate with external stakeholders at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience of working in cross-functional teams with an extremely collaborative approach
- Experience in, or very comfortable with, working in a fast-moving, startup environment
- Great attention to detail and a strategic approach
- Experience working in an agile environment and with SaaS products
- Proven experience building products (or major product features) from conception to launch
What is also desirable
- Experience of technical products ideally data oriented
- Interest in urban transport, cities and emerging mobility solutions
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service
- Life Insurance
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office
- Regular team lunches and team socials
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.