Ready to change the future of transportation?
Ito World solves transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travelers everyday... probably even you. Interested in joining us?
We’re interested in talented, curious people who love data as much as we do.
What we do
Ito World solves transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our mission is to deliver data that is as close to the real-life experience of the traveller as possible. With offices in London and Cambridge, we serve clients from all over the world, such as Apple, Google, the Department for Transport, Arriva and Go-Ahead.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you’ll be responsible for the Product Management function at Ito World and a team of Product Managers.
You’ll be responsible for the overall product vision and defining and driving the high-level initiatives that support the business’ goals. You’ll be a natural leader of people and champion the voice of the customer and advocate for the interests of the business at the same time.
We’re looking for someone who has prior experience of leading a product management function, and experience working in a fast-growing B2B tech startup.
The role is based at our Cambridge head office. Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that may prefer to work remotely.
What you’ll do
Reporting to C-level, with 3-4 direct reports, you’ll:
- Own the product vision and roadmap for the organisation, making sure that the product initiatives support business growth
- Develop teams and talent. You’ll lead and supervise a team of product managers including hiring, mentoring and professional development
- Empower product managers, so that each may balance competing internal interests while delivering a market-winning products
- Take products into new markets
- Encourage best practice across the team and behaviours that scale
- Provide an innovative approach to solving customer issues and underlying problems
- Work with multiple stakeholders and collaborate closely with Commercial, Engineering and Operations to deliver results and maximise the benefit to Ito and its clients
- Speak at conferences and other events to share knowledge and generate awareness of Ito’s products internationally
- Respond to RFPs and public sector procurements
What you need to have
- Previous product leadership experience
- Minimum 10 years experience as a product manager, including leader-level experience within the B2B/enterprise sector
- Brilliant cross-functional collaboration and exceptional EQ
- Strong understanding of technology and work well with engineers
- Understand business models, pricing, and how to deliver shareholder value
- Be able to communicate a clear vision and inspire people to action
- Results-oriented and proactive. Be comfortable getting stuck-in to make things happen and not overly process-oriented
- Understand how to leverage culture as the foundation for light process and great cross-functional collaboration
- Great judgement about people, product and the business
- A thirst for knowledge, deep empathy with the user and strong negotiating skills to manage competing demands and priorities
- A strong track record of leading product innovation and launching commercially successful new products
- Experience in market discovery, new product conception, building investment cases, market testing, and go-to-market planning
- Experience working in a fast- paced, collaborative and agile environment
What is also desirable
- Domain expertise: Experience with product category and/or stage of company
- Experience developing SaaS products
- UI/UX experience
- Experience of highly technical products.
- Interest in urban transport, cities and emerging mobility solutions
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work
- 25 days’ holiday
- Working on exciting projects in a friendly, creative and challenging environment
- Opportunities to work with some amazing clients
- An exciting start-up culture that values people & opportunities to develop your career
- Regular team lunches and socials
- Flexible or remote working to suit your lifestyle
Ito World is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability or social background. We support workplace diversity and believe it creates dynamic and effective organisations.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.